OmniRig v2.0 with new Features
OmniRig v2.0 with new Features
I’m pleased to offer you my new ominiRig v2.0 development with the following new features:
- Supports now up to four RIGs
- You can name the tabs of your RIGs with your own text
- The minimum polling interval is now 20ms instead of 100ms
- The GUI of the main Window is bigger to see all your four RIG-Tabs
What is OmniRig v2.0?
More than one program can you control the transceiver via OmniRig at the same time. In a typical scenario, the user will have a logger (e.g. Log4OM), a SDR receiver as panadapter (e.g. SDRPlay with SDR Radio v3.0), a remote SDR Receiver such as ColibriDDC (e.g. ExpertSDR2 Client software), and a digital mode software for FT8 (e.g. WSJT-X) running on his system. All these programs will know the current frequency, mode and all other rig parameters, and will be able to change them. The only requirement is that all programs use the OmniRig v2.0 component. Programs that use their own code to control the rig, require exclusive access to the communications port, and are incompatible with OmniRig v2.0. OmniRig v2.0 can control up to four transceivers or receivers if they are connected to different COM ports. Rig types are not hard-coded in OmniRig v2.0. On start-up, the component reads the rig description files from the Rigs\ sub-directory and supports all rigs for which a command set is defined. If your rig is not supported yet, create your own rig description file (and share it with other Omni-Rig users).
OmniRig v2.0 update is for free - developed by Stephan Andratsch, sponsored by HB9RYZ
Thanks to Alex Shovkoplyas (VE3NEA), who developed the first OminRig Version www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig
We are happy to receive new ideas for new features to implement. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Next Update will be a new setup programm with an update feature.
Installation & Configuration
Please download the original version from Alex at www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig and then overwrite the omnirig.exe with the new omnirig.exe from the version 2.0
OmniRig Tester's Guide
Rig Description File Structure
Supported Transceivers/Receivers ...
Download Latest RIG-Ini Files (May 2018) here [142 KB]
- FlexRadio Systems such as FLEX 6300, 6500, 6700, 6400M, 6600M, etc. please use for all Flex radios the RIG-File SmartSDR
- TS-440, TS-480, TS-570, TS-590, TS-690, TS-850, TS-870, TS-930, TS-2000, all other Kenwoods
- FT-100D, FT-450, FT-747, FT-757, FT-817, FT-840, FT-847, FT-857, FT-897, FT-900, FT-920, FT-950, FT-990, FT-991, FT-1000, FT-1000MP, FT-2000, FT-9000, FTDX-3000, FT-DX5000MP
- IC-78, IC-275H, IC-703, IC-706MKII, IC-706MKiiG, IC-718, IC-725, IC-726, IC-728, IC-735, IC-737, IC-738, IC-746, IC-746Pro, IC-751,IC-756, IC-756Pro, IC-756ProII, IC-756ProIII, IC-761, IC-765, IC-775, IC-781, IC-821, IC-910, IC-970D, IC-7000, IC-7100, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7315, IC-7410, IC-7600, IC-7610, IC-7700, IC-7800, IC-7850, IC-7851, IC-9100, IC-R75, IC-R8500, IC-R9000, IC-M70
- CODAN, Elecraft K2, Elecraft K3, Ten-Tec Eagle, Ten-Tec Paragon II, Ten-Tec Orion, Ten-Tec Jupiter, Ten-Tec Omni VI+, Ten-Tec Omni VII, TenTec RX-350, JST-245, DX-77, NRD-535(DG), PowerSDR, Perseus, FRG-100, ZS-1, Elad-FDMSW2, ADT-200A, AOR AR5000, AOR AR8600